Re: [Ayatana] Making workspaces great (branched from "Farewell to the notification area")

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You might want to take a look at those:

DockbarX
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=101604

Talika
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Talika+applet?content=118267

Thanks for those, they look interesting and show me there's a lot of ways launcher icons, window selecting methods, and window previews that haven't even been touched on in major OSes.

My original comment was around the idea of if the entire space in between the date+clock and the "Applications Places System" is taken up with the tab system of selecting workspaces and then if the bottom panels main use, which I prefer, is still used for the Window List then there won't be much room for added launcher icons. A second panel "row" on top could work, or I guess they could be added to the upper right also might work, sort of getting into the 'new and improved'-notification-area-as-dockish-launcher-'available on all workspaces' idea.