Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 13:57 -0700, Tyler Brainerd wrote:
> Agreement with Conscious user. To implement single clicks solves no
> problem and creates a whole list of new ones.

The solves-no-problem part is simply not true.

For some people performing a double-click is hard. May it sound like a
cliché, but my mother is much happier since I switched her system to
single-click. She would be even happier if single-clicking would also
work in file dialogs and Thunderbird's attachment.

For a while I had issues with my fingers and double-clicking made it
worse. It just feels so ridiculously arduous once you got used to single
clicking.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: