Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

Good usability does not mean we aim for the lowest possible denominator, it means we find the most usable possibility. in the current icon mode of layout, simply switching to single clicking is going to make other functions impossible, not easier. my point was simple that it creates many other problems that would have to be thought through, we can't just switch it and think we're good to go.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 13:57 -0700, Tyler Brainerd wrote:
> Agreement with Conscious user. To implement single clicks solves no
> problem and creates a whole list of new ones.

The solves-no-problem part is simply not true.

For some people performing a double-click is hard. May it sound like a
cliché, but my mother is much happier since I switched her system to
single-click. She would be even happier if single-clicking would also
work in file dialogs and Thunderbird's attachment.

For a while I had issues with my fingers and double-clicking made it
worse. It just feels so ridiculously arduous once you got used to single
clicking.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: