Re: [Ayatana] "Intuitive"

If it draws on many well-understood concepts, it is bound to seem
familiar to those who indeed understand those concepts well.

I think if I showed a user a new interface for the first time, for instance an iPad, and asked if it was familiar, they would say no, even if it was easily learnable.

Do you want your language to be a blurry mess or a sharp tool?

Those who work in a field will use other terms or some of the same terms
differently from the wider populace, because they need to be more
precise.

I agree, but is the original usage of intuitive useful in a design sense at all? I would say not, whereas its more familiar meaning is - it's quicker and shorter than 'easily learnable'.