Re: [Ayatana] "Intuitive"

On 14 May 2010 12:57, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 11:37 +0200, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
>
>> That is exactly why interaction needs to be intuitive and not require learning.
>
> This is totally unrealistic. Humans can't even walk or talk without
> learning.

Definitions of the word intuitive are wide-ranging. I meant that the
interface concept needs to be graspable with as little learning as
possible, adapted from what is done in normal life / in other
interfaces: »Jakob's Law of the Web User Experience states that "users
spend most of their time on other websites."« –
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605.html

= consistency with the real world. I know, not even that is possible
with a mouse between you and the folder.

Let’s not keep derailing to meta or general topics all the time. It is
not the purpose of this list to discuss meanings of words. I am all
for clear and sharp language, so the only problem is that I
exaggerated and used the wrong word. A personal mail will do next
time.