Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

User testing has revealed that single click comes more intuitively to users than double click.

Would you care to elaborate on that? What user testing?

90% of computers used today (Windows) using double click, another 5% of Mac using double click, so ALL LINUX users are split between single click and double click. So I'm not completely convinced about these user testing having place.

Now, please don't get me wrong here - if there was such a testing I would happily look at it. I just know that I personally always turned this feature off.

And please people, stop comparing this to the iPhone/iPad - the interface on those devices is different enough that no one ever would think to "double-tap" them. In addition, at least by default, they are not intended to work with files at all.

--
Alex Lourie