Re: [Ayatana] Criticism of Client Side Window Decorations

hi sam

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 03:41, Sam Spilsbury <smspillaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So the window controls are essentially invisible unless you play a
hide an seek game with your mouse? I don't understand why you'd want
this - and it requires some form of meaningful acceleration within
apps, something that I don't think everyone has.

AIUI it has something to do with mouse pointer position relative to the window border..
I don't understand where "acceleration" would fit into this context..
You have a point with your cat and mouse game though..

You cannot do this with client side decorations.

why not? because of the imprecision of the absolute position information?
that's a WM bug, has nothing to do with CSD.

The window manager absolutely depends on the client to not be stupid
and to obey rules

Doesn't this mean that we can entrust the client with more then?
You are arguing against your own position here.