Re: [Ayatana] Fwd: Open Letter: The issues with client-side-window-decorations

Op maandag 07-06-2010 om 13:54 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Ted Gould:
> On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 13:50 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > It's lack of integration with my desktop is one of my two major dislikes I
> > have for with Chromium.  I completely agree that better integration is
> > important, I don't see how it relates to a requirement for CSD.  I think
> > window managers can support the needed functionality.
>
> Possibly.  I'm not quite sure how they could draw half height title bars
> with the tabs in the windows overlapping the window controls though.
> Probably not impossible -- but seems to me to be pretty crazy.

Eh, the first thing I do with Chromium is always to disable their "CSD"
& re-enable the standard window-decorator, as the default setup is
really annoying (and I use GNOME, not KDE like ScottK, so it's supposed
to integrate better for me).

On my desktops the 10 pixels of saved screen space is hardly relevant,
and on my netbook the title bar isn't shown anyway, so "half height
title bars with the tabs in the windows overlapping the window controls"
implemented using CSD is totally irrelevant.

So, I would prefer to see *relevant* use cases or usability reports for
CSD before we break consistency with the existing user experience...

--
Jan Claeys