Re: [Ayatana] What should be Gwibber's behavior when acessed from the messaging menu?

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 22:14 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> On 08/06/10 20:28, Conscious User wrote:
> > I gave a lot of thought on it, and couldn't figure out
> > a good solution. If the user set up Gwibber for
> > notify/indicate anything and not only mentions, things
> > can get incredibly noisy and an Evolution-like
> > approach (entries per account, with unread count)
> > sound better than message-specific entries. But if
> > the user *did* set notifications/indicators for only
> > mentions, then message-specific indicators sound
> > better.
>
> I'm not sure if it survived to the current spec, but we said we wanted a
> hard limit (around 7) of entries per app. The indicator would refuse to
> display more, and have some way to tell the app which ones it was
> dropping. That's to stop flooding.
>
> So, a smart app would "collapse" to a more condensed view, based on that
> feedback from the indicator.

This is currently implemented in the messaging menu, but I don't believe
any of the applications take advantage of it.  You can see in the
attached screenshot how the the Liferea entries have been truncated.  (I
have many more feeds I'm behind on)

		--Ted