Re: [Ayatana] Restart Required

On 22/08/10 19:47, Frederik Nnaji wrote:

everything exactly, that restart experience is really bad (the warning,
the breakage if you don't do it, it's all poor, and if every app did
that we'd be a mess!).

doesn't Firefox do something like this if you do Tools>Start_Private_Browsing?
wouldn't there be a sort of dump-file from which Ff recovers the session afterwards?
Boy, I wish we could tell Firefox to save state, restart, and restore

I don't know but it's worth pursuing, fixing this would be a big win.