[Ayatana] USB Device Removal Indicator

Hi all,

Yesterday I was making a USB startup disk to install UNE on my girlfriend's new netbook (she loves it btw!) and when the process finished I went to Eject/Safely Remove the USB stick. I instinctively moved my mouse to the indicator applet (I dunno why) and then realized there is no place to do it there. Then I realized that safely removing the USB drive means either showing the desktop (and thus minimizing all my windows which I was working with) or opening up Nautilus to do it there.

This morning I entirely independently stumbled across this through one of Jono Bacon's blog posts: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7138409/indicator-usb/indicator.html

I think it would be a really good idea if this indicator (or one with similar functionality) was in the default install. Most of the time you want to remove a USB device you will have been doing something else (e.g. copying images into F-Spot) and having to find a somewhere where you can remove the drive completely disrupts what you are doing.

Thoughts?

Luke.