[Ayatana] "About GNOME" on the "System" Menu

Hello,

Whenever the "System" menu on the panel is opened, the user will see "About GNOME." It's likely that many people wouldn't understand why they see it there. If those people are thinking aloud, they would've said this. As long as "GNOME" is meaningless to the person, the "About GNOME" menu item would just be a highfaluting geeky thing.

Clicking "About GNOME" opens the gnome-about dialog, which is described on Synaptic as
Informative little about thing that lets us brag to our friends as our name
scrolls by, and lets users click to load the GNOME home pages.

We can put details about the GNOME desktop on the "About Ubuntu" section, because that's more likely to be clicked and it makes sense anyway. We can also make it more hardworking than the gnome-about dialog in terms of informing people about the GNOME free desktop project.

What solutions can you suggest to present information about the GNOME desktop in a more meaningful and less obtrusive way?

--
Regards,
Allan