Re: [Ayatana] unity and notifications

I think everyone is going to have a personally preferred position, but maintaining a default association with the 'me menu' is probably a good thing. However, as Dani notes, this can get in the way - especially considering that many apps, especially on the graphics sides of things, have their toolbar in that location. I have been caught a few times where I have had to wait for the notification to fade out before I could continue working.

What I would like to see is:
1: the notification is interactive - ie. clicking on it brings up the app which is sending the notification and at the correct 'page' or message, etc.
2: having a 'dismiss' button on the notification which gets it out of the way quickly
3: let me drag it to my preferred location (like a widget) and let the system remember where I want it.