Re: [Ayatana] unity and notifications

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 05:26 +0200, Conscious User wrote:
> Actually, a lot of this is implemented already. Logging missed
> notifications that require not-necessarily-immediate response is
> what the Messaging Menu does. And in Lucid notifications have
> priority levels. Low priority bubbles are not shown when Totem
> is playing, for example.

I see, thanks, cool. I guess I ignored the existence of the messaging
menu because it does nothing for me. I don't use chats, broadcasts, etc.
on this machine, and my mail gets filtered so that there rarely is a new
one in the inbox. Therefore, the menu consists more or less of "set up
chat", a few mail options that I don't use, and "set up broadcast
account". If this menu is to be used for important notifications, it
would be nice if I could hide all that clutter - but I guess this must
have been discussed already :)