Re: [Ayatana] unity and notifications

> I though we already established that notifications are even less
> important than the least important of the user tasks? That's the only
> possible justification for them being ethereal.

To be more clear, I think this goal is *already* being achieved quite
nicely by NotifyOSD *when mouse interaction is involved*. The problem
is when one of the two following cases happen:

a) The user is typing something in a text field right behind the
bubble. Your heuristic works in this case, but it's a little bit of
an overkill. I certainly don't mind receiving notifications
when I'm writing something completely far away from the bubble area.

b) The user wants to just read something covered by the bubble. This
is more difficult for your heuristic to cover because he might not be
actually interacting at that moment. In fact, in the case of long
texts he might not be interacting for several seconds.