Re: [Ayatana] Messaging Menu and the MeMenu

hi,

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 01:06, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Le vendredi 01 octobre 2010 à 17:55 -0500, Apoorva Sharma a écrit :
> to get a text box for a broadcast account in the MeMenu, the user has
> to go to the Messaging Menu to start Gwibber.

Not true. The text box will appear if the Gwibber service is running.
If the user configures Gwibber to start the service on login (and
if I remember correctly this is checked by default), the text field
will always be there and work regardless if he clicked on the Gwibber
entry in the Messaging Menu or not.

> to actually use the inactive status buttons in the MeMenu, the user
> has to start chat from the messaging menu,

According to the specification, this is not supposed to happen.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeMenu#Instant%20messaging%20statuses

"Each item should be sensitive whenever at least one of the
accounts you have set up in Empathy supports that status,
regardless of whether Empathy is currently running."

yeah, this part got cleaned up only recently:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeMenu?action="">

so.. actually this sounds to me like circumventing Presence control in Empathy via MC5!?
or how else would one implement this?