Re: [Ayatana] (In)sensitive menu itens for displaying information

Hi MPT ;)

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 15:29, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Conscious User wrote on 08/10/10 12:30:>
> Also, look at the sound indicator: when Rhythmbox is playing,
> it has two clickable entries, one with the Rhythmbox name
> and other with the track info. Both have the same effect,
> and the second looks like it's clickable just for the
> sake of being clickable.

They don't have the same effect. The Rhythmbox item focuses Rhythmbox.
The track data item copies the track data to the clipboard.

Eventually, I think the insensitive date item should become a sensitive
item that opens today's date in your preferred calendar application.

So there's a vague pattern: selecting an informational item should
display more detail about that information.

yeah, and that in as many incremental steps as available.
If there is a step between showing a full calendar and a task list for only the day that i obviously clicked on, then i would prefer to make that step first, before sitting and waiting for a full calendar view to load and show me stuff that i don't want to see.

a "today" menu is what should pop up after clicking indicator date-time imo..
This could contain tasks, appointments, subscribed events or weather and sunrise etc..

Probably we'll get a clearer
idea about this as we exercise the menus more (e.g. finish
indicator-network).

still looking forward to that day!