Re: [Ayatana] Put a resize widget in the title bar

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 19:24, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is already the case with the border on the top in the Ambiance
> and Radiance themes. Unfortunately, Compiz, doesn't understand that
> bit of the window theme. If you run Metacity (disable “desktop
> effects”) you will be pleasantly surprised.
>
> This was also the case with the border on the bottom, but since I
> never run Compiz (for issues like the one I just described) I never
> realized it didn't work by default. I guess that's why people
> misunderstood it and it seems to have been removed in Maverick.
>
> Dylan

The behaviour with Metacity is exactly right. Still, I think the
visual resize grip would be beneficial, to guide people to that area
if they want to resize the window.

I have reported a bug about the Compiz issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/657032

I would also love such a border on the bottom!

--
Remco