Re: [Ayatana] preferred applications

Matthew Paul Thomas schreef op di 05-10-2010 om 14:08 [+0100]:
> If we discovered that most people expected to find the settings in
> individual applications instead, [...]

That might be a learned trick after years of using a system that has no
central place to change this sort of thing though.  I don't remember how
this is done in Mac OS X?  And what would new users without experience
expect?

> (I don't understand what it means to have a preferred "Multimedia
> Player" or "Terminal Emulator", though.)

There are system-wide hotkeys to launch a "mediaplayer" (e.g. many
recent keyboards have a special key for that) or a "terminal emulator".

--
Jan Claeys