Re: [Ayatana] Global Menu behaviour

"Heh, yeah because that would be unbiased :p We're pretty good at getting used to a system, even if it's inefficient, and we'll defend that system because we are familiar with it. It doesn't mean it's a good idea!"

I'm not talking about ***IF*** they are used to it. I'm talking about ***HOW*** they are used to it.

Do they feel that using the menu bar is not frequent enough for the distance to be a problem? Is a single mouse throw enough for reaching the menu bar, despite the monitor size?
How many of them use maximized apps?
How many of them keep apps close to the top left corner?
How many of them use keyboard shortcuts?
How important and frequently used is the menu bar in the most popular OSX apps?

Those are all relevant questions that can go way beyond simply "defending".