Re: [Ayatana] [Usability] The Future of Window Borders, Menu Bars, and More

On 28/10/10 12:49, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thank you!
That's why we want to move the desktop to human language.
Words like "application", "service" or "process" have nothing to do with
writing a letter, watching a movie or listening to music.

Certainly the words "Service" or "Process" may not be necessarily useful when writing a letter etc., but iPhone users and many others don't have a problem with the term "App" - e.g. "There's an app for that" and they're perhaps not the most technically savvy computer users - no offence intended.

It's a bit hard to know what you intend by "That's why we want to move the desktop to human language" as this is the only message I've received on the thread (having just subscribed), however, having seen how the new version of Ubuntu (10.10) has increased the number of words in dialog boxes, e.g. the file copy/overwrite files, presumably to make things simpler and friendlier, personally I find that it has had the reverse effect and obscured the intended meaning.