[Ayatana] How to handle multi-window launcher icons

Hi,

One of the few problems I have with Unity is that there is no way to perform window-specific actions from the launcher: everything is app-specific. I can press the launcher icon to focus an app's most recent window, but I can't focus a specific window. I can't minimize a window by clicking the launcher icon, see an app's different windows without focusing it, or launch a new window.

I propose replacing Unity's current behaviour when you hover on a launcher icon (where you only get the app's name) with something like this: http://imgur.com/1cP0B.png

I would like the Ayatana team to consider implementing along the lines.