[Ayatana] Global Menu on the Desktop

Hi all,

So I stumbled across this answer earlier: http://askubuntu.com/questions/10481/does-will-unity-support-disabling-the-global-menu

We are getting the global menu by default on the desktop edition. I'm actually overwhelmingly disappointed by this, there were actual logical reasons why the global menu existed in the Netbook edition. Likewise there are very real logical reasons why it makes little sense on a high-resolution, multi-window system.

Like the window control position, monochome icons, OSX like side-dock, position of the me menu, identical location of the Ubuntu/OSX icon, purple colour scheme etc. We are again duplicating OSX instead of innovating.

I'd love to hear the reasoning.

So, so disappointed.

Luke.