Re: [Ayatana] (In)sensitive menu itens for displaying information

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 10:15 +0000, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

cmaglothin wrote on 20/10/10 04:43:

> Why not try this:
>
> 1. Instead of having the obscure "copy track data" feature, why not
> simplify the buttons in indicator-sound to something
> like http://imgur.com/ueC7X.jpg

Because that's a visual scope error: clicking a button would change
things both above it (track data) *and* to the left of it (album art).

I'm not sure I agree with this reasoning. The buttons there are clearly nestled into the warm embrace of the album art and the track metadata. If the controls were not clearly associated with both then this could be a reasonable argument, but the three are all very tightly coupled visually.

--
Alex Launi
Ubuntu Desktop Experience Team