Re: [Ayatana] (In)sensitive menu itens for displaying information

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 17:25 +0000, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

Apparently usability testing of 10.10 found that people were surprised
when music files opened in Totem. I haven't seen the exact results, and
I'm not sure how we'd open standalone music files in Banshee while
making it clear either (a) that they weren't being added to the library,
or (b) how to remove them from the library. (IIRC Mac OS X opens music
files by default in QuickTime Player, not iTunes, presumably for the
same reason.)

I've been considering this. It might be a good use case for Muinshee. Muinshee is a good standalone player for when you don't really need a library, but still uses all of the Banshee infrastructure.

We need a similar solution for the one-off video case. Perhaps extending Muinshee to play video in a similar way would be a good solution.

--
Alex Launi
Ubuntu Desktop Experience Team