Re: [Ayatana] File menu

Hi appi, nice thinking!
How about ...

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 23:19, appi2012@xxxxxxxxx <appi2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
|[App Name]|[Doc Type]| Edit | Tools | Help |

 having App Icon first?

that's a lot.. but the principle seems reasonable: [AppName] Menu should contain the main functions of an application, and the option to quit.
I could agree blindly to the rest, but my guts are telling me that submenus will lead to trouble, if not carefully designed and positioned.

We don't know whether all so many menus are actually necessary.. If at all, then it depends strongly on the App, what names i would give to menu 2 and menu 3 etc..

Help should always be available imo. I also think that Help should be an Indicator Menu, not part of the application menu or of GlobalMenu.