Re: [Ayatana] Applications suggestion according to hardware capabilities

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Arian van Gend <waggy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree that it is a good idea to support new users in such cases, but most
> The device should just work. Only notify the user of anything if something
> goes wrong. When a user attaches a web-cam, it knows it did that, so there
> is no need to bash him with redundant messages, like Windows does. For
> comparison, a Mac will not display these useless messages.
Sorry but I have to disagree. The sounds on Windows when plugging and
unplugging a device provide good feedback on when the device is
available and/or in the process of installing a driver which may be
time consuming. Much better than guessing if the device is there. But
+1 on "The device should just work."