Re: [Ayatana] Do You Use Gwibber?

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx
<frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> esteemed readers,
>
> Do you use Gwibber?

I use Gwibber and feel that it would probably fit better in the Me
menu, especially if Me is going to eventually become a whole display
screen in Unity rather than just a little menu. If I could see updates
from various services (Gwibber included) and post new status updates
all from Me, I wouldn't need to see it in the messaging menu.

IMHO the messaging menu would be better reserved for messages which
somebody expects a reply to, whether immediately in the case of IM or
at leisure in the case of an e-mail. In that vein, direct messages
from Twitter or @-replies from Identi.ca could show up in the
messaging menu, but clicking the menu entry should take you first to
the Me menu entry for that message.

Finally, it would be really nice if Gwibber pulled in my most current
status update from Identi.ca and placed it into the Me menu, so I
could see what my current status is when I go to update it.

Thanks,
Ryan