Re: [Ayatana] Me & Messaging Indicator Menu

Hey Dani, Conscious ;)

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 19:56, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Good job getting rid of the clutter, Daniel, but I was a little
troubled with the visual inconsistency, so I'm attaching here the
mockup of a suggestion to turn both status changing and publishing
into submenus. This allows us to be more confortable to add more
complexity to the publishing, such as the account selection
originally proposed in

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeMenu#Use%20cases

Le vendredi 31 décembre 2010 à 15:24 +0100, dani a écrit :
> i made some mockups that i think are a good and simple solution for
> this problem, i hope you like:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Maverick/redesign_memenu%
> 26mesagemenu
>
> pd: the last mockup i include a control panel option, this pice is
> redesigned on gnome 3 and i think is a good option to global all user
> preference options.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Design/SystemSettings

I think it's really good to have only one icon for messaging and Presence up in the panel, much tidier, less confusing.
Which one will it be now?
The envelope doesn't really indicate presence, wouldn't perhaps the speech bubble make sense up there as an indicator icon for the merged menu?
I like the mockups very much, they take what's there and just make it work as one, efficient and neat!