Re: [Ayatana] Some ideas for the Software Center

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> On 13/12/10 11:52, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> > Like apt-get, USC installs recommended items by default,
> we could recommend the Python bindings and development libraries.
> I suspect a lot of this will require some server-side smarts but
> it's a fruitful area for us to be exploring.

There is "Enhances:" which is the inverse equivalent of "Suggests:"
(declared in package B, rather than package A), but currently no
counterpart for "Recommends:":

  http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-binarydeps

Flipping it over also means that the operators are inverted, so
'Recommends: x | y | z' becomes 'Super-Enhances: x & y & z'
(autoremovable install if Python and some other package).

	-Paul