Re: [Ayatana] Evolution indicator

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> On 21/12/10 15:08, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> > Email notifications tell me when I need to have my email open.
> We're in complete agreement - the mail client should happily run in the
> background with no windows showing,

How would this work with Hotmail/Gmail?  These mail clients are highly
popular but there's going to need to be some cunning level of
integration to have that experience "just work".

Jeremy: were you originally referring to the workflow where (eg. after
your morning login) *no applications have yet been started*, but you'd
still like to see a notification that there are "10 messages and 147
spams" that have arrived overnight?  ---Prompting you to then start
the mail client itself?

	-Paul