Re: [Ayatana] I don't think global menu and the panel is good for a touch OS

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:26, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is futile to attempt to solve a problem that does not yet exist.

What are you talking about? Ubuntu is being installed in touch
devices as we speak:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/11/augen-improves-gentouch-78-teases-lenovo-u1-hybrid-competitor/
http://www.gizchina.com/2010/12/28/ubuntu-tablet-details-surface/

Not to mention that Unity is supposed to be touch-friendly by design:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/383

Of course, if you think a 24px bar is a useful UI in a touch-oriented environment, i will not agree.

I don't, and that's another point against Unity in its current form for
touch devices.

Ah ok i get you now.
So how about unity launcher, NO appmenu, wingpanel 48px transparent and transparent titlebars with large "hide" button and large "float" button?
"float" button would scale down the window aka document and make it transparent just like when i'm moving windows in compiz in current natty.
also.. i suggest strongly to reduce the opacity by at least another 10% by default..