Re: [Ayatana] Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

Not off the top of my head (which is not an admission that such applications don't exist, I just don't have time to hunt through my app catalogue right now).
But one of the solutions proposed for the hidden menu problem, that of not showing the title at all for maximized windows, would probably lead to exactly the problem I'd like to avoid. I suspect this would lead some applications to try to identify themselves in the menu, say, by replacing the standardly named "file" menu with the name of the application (as in OS X), in order to avoid confusion. This would be an example of using the menu as an indicator.

Marc Lajoie