Re: [Ayatana] Dash should be in full screen by default in desktop

On 03/17/2011 12:54 PM, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 05:44, Muhammad Nabil <ottoman.kent@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Dash in full screen looks better. Thanks.
>>

> +1
>
> keeping the dash small would make sense, if another object could be
> displayed beside it on the same level / layer, but that doesn't seem to be
> the case, so it should rather utilize all the space.
> transparancy keeps the stuff below visually accessible, that's good to keep
> a map of the desktop, even when you're in the dash.

I don't think this would be good when the resolution is high (well above
1280x800). It would require unnecessary mouse movements.

Unity should detect when the resolution is low, then make dash
full-screen automatically (IIRC this happens when resolution is 1024x600
or lower).

Also Unity should add a user-friendly option, either in ccsm or at a
more accessible location, which makes dash full-screen automatically.
The current way to set this is to use dconf-editor, and we don't expect
new users to know this.

Bilal Akhtar.