Re: [Ayatana] Launcher pulse prominence

Hi Benjamin.

Interesting article on OMG! the other day. I can't say I agree on all your points, though, but it was a good read. :-)

Anyway:

I haven't really thought about that, but I think you may be on to something there. I personally think the bouncy thing that a certain other UNIX-like system uses is a bit unsettling, but I can see how a little motion would aid recognition. What about wobbling the icon (like the "Needs attention" animation) a few times first, while continuing to pulse until the app runs. That would draw your eye to it initially, then keep your focus there while you wait for the app to start.