Re: [Ayatana] We need a short-term solution for mail applications and the messaging menu

Hello mpt :D

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 18:05, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote on 17/03/11 10:16:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 14:27, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx
>> The subject is already receiving less attention than I wanted
>> without being derailed, [...]
>
> unfortunately so.
> perhaps we should ask someone with an @canonical.com
> <http://canonical.com> to start an "official" thread!?

That isn't necessary. :-)

It is a good thing for a mail client to allow checking for messages when
it has no windows open. But it's not a critical Natty-stopping flaw if
it doesn't.

If you want it implemented in your favorite mail client, draw up a
sketch of a few different ways it could be toggled on/off within that
client, choose the best one, implement it (or promote it to attract
someone else to implement it), and send the code upstream. You have the
power.

thanks for your encouragement! I think if that's what it is, then i'll just post some bugs on Postler. it does all the required already, and needs some love..

as for a short-term solution: i'll use webmail. (forgive me, conscious :P )