Re: [Ayatana] Improving Launcher behavior

The original Unity had top and bottom folding, and used an
"intelli-folding" that essentially solved all the current
problems: the last clicked icon was always kept in the same
place, and top or bottom folding would be used depending on
the situation. Think CoverFlow.

I quite liked it, to be honest. It was like a fancy way of
scrolling that almost didn't require *actual* scrolling.

http://design.canonical.com/2010/06/introduction-to-unity-launcher/

I have no idea why the top folding was dropped. It introduced
all the current problems without real benefits, it seems...
I already asked about this but got no response:

https://lists.launchpad.net/ayatana/msg04927.html