Re: [Ayatana] Side-by-side placement of Messaging menu and Me menu

Hi Adnan,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 13:08, M. Adnan Quaium <adnan.quaium@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is just a little suggestion...

I think it would be better if the 'messaging menu' (the envelop icon) and the 'me menu' (the speech-bubble icon with user name) are placed side-by-side.

thank you!
And a great idea it is ;)
This would be a first step into the direction of a combined menu, i think.
The next step would be to show recent conversations/contacts in the messaging menu, plus a menu item to "clear" the menu.
We often want to pick up on a conversation previously acknowledged, but these (the acknowledged ones) are not shown in the messaging menu, and there's no other history of recent contacts or recent conversations.

Skype for example has a submenu called "Recent Conversations", which comes in handy, except that it is a submenu and therefore lacks accessibility.

So once again, thanks for your idea, i love it and i think as simple as it is, it is also equally important.