[Ayatana] Indicator-sound and highlighting the track on mouseover

Hello, I have been wondering for some time - is there a particular reason for having the "now playing" text fields in the sound indicator highlighted on mouseover? It gives the impression that it's an interactive item but it's merely there for displaying information. Would it not make more sense to have no mouseover highlight?

screenshot: http://ubuntuone.com/p/jax/

If yes, should I report a bug? I wanted to check to make sure there's no design decision including this behavior first.

Thank you.

--
-Brett Cornwall