Re: [Ayatana] Detached menus and not-click-to-focus

On 27 March 2011 00:48, Jeremy Nickurak <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's a pretty nasty problem, and I'm not sure what can be done to fix it.
> Any thoughts? Force a delay on when windows get refocused?
> I've always used focus-follows-mouse, and trying the menubar-on-top thing
> recently, this made it almost unusable.

Unfortunately focus follows mouse has (IMO) been broken in Gnome since
Metacity replaced Sawfish as the default window manager; Metacity (and
apparently Compiz) doesn't support a delay before focus switches.
Perhaps that feature could be re-implemented ;)

I actually stopped using focus follows mouse several years ago for
that reason, and now it wouldn't fit that well with the way I work
with windows (I like being able to scroll unfocussed windows, for
example). I usually just say "I grew out of focus follows mouse", but
don't mean to offend ;).

--
Matt Wheeler
m@xxxxxxxxxxxx