Re: [Ayatana] window and workspace management in unity

On 30.03.2011 23:21, Greg K Nicholson wrote about window titles of scaled windows:
This is already implemented in Compiz's Scale Addons plugin.

If that worked, it would be fine. (and should be set to default!)
For me, it doesn't:
The "window highlight" functions works, so the plugin works in general. But although I set "Window Title Display" to "All windows", there is no window title. And yes, I have a good visible font colour, to have a red herring effect I selected red on white.

Sad!

(by the way, in Unity 2D, the window title is displayed for the mousehovered window by default. If that would be for all windows, it would be really good.)
Another, complementary approach would be to have a lower limit for the
zoom factor when scaling—say, around 2/3—and clip windows if necessary
to only show the top-left corner (top-right in RTL locales).

Even reading a title reduced to 67% seems not really to be comfortable for me. Not speaking of visible partly disabled persons!