Re: [Ayatana] Fwd: Re: People expect the backlight colours on the unity launcher to mean something.

On 26/05/2011 17:29, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> I originally posted this message to ubuntu-desktop@lists.u-c
> and didrocks suggested I forwarded it here. So here goes. :)
> [...]

Hi Jo-Erlend,

While I'll agree it's not immediately obvious what the backlight colours are
for, I think the backlight colours following the dominant colour of the icon
makes for some pretty good aesthetics.

What I have done on my machines is to set the "Backlight Mode" in CompizConfig
Settings Manager to "Backlight Toggles", which only icons which have running
applications to be backlit. I think having this as default would be a good idea
as it makes the running applications a lot more obvious than the other backlight
options.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin