[Ayatana] Dash design

Hello. I really like new things in oneiric like dash button in laucher, new alt-tab, etc. But one isn't very good and that's DASH. It still isn't clean, tidy and simply usable.

For the first we have to define what is dash for:
  1. FINDING AND LAUNCHING APPS
    You can find app by name or by category. New users probabbly doesn't know the names of the applications so finding by category is very useful. Currently, categories are bit unusable in dash because it doesn't shows only categories that exists (you have apps "in" it) but it wants to show all categories. That's not good. For example when you have installed some windows software through wine you don't see Wine category and it's lot harder to find windows applications, wine setting, etc. In GNOME 2 (and also Xfce, etc) it's done the best way. You have "Categories" and "Some shortcuts" for example for USC, Terminal, etc. "Some Shortcuts" are in unity represented by the launcher (launcher is of course lot better then "Some Shortcuts"). So dash need to contains categories. It can add most frequently used applications but not apps aviable for download. USC is for installing apps, not dash. It makes it only more unusefull.
  2. SEARCHING FOR FILES
    Currently it's done not good way because there are separed types of files ("Music", "Documents"). Don't you want to make a music player or document viewer integrated to dash?!?! Look for example at spotlight in mac, how it is useful.
The geniality is in simplicity. Do not add function, add function, add function..... It isn't the way.

With dash you also need to open storage devices as well as with "Places" menu in GNOME 2. I think that dash need to contains this three "tabs": Apps, Places, Search. Guess what is for what! ;-)