Re: [Ayatana] Unity2D -- wow! (And hidden window buttons)

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:44:37 +0200 Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> On 27 August 2011 17:29, huff <huffylinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 05:57:20 +0200 Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:

> > If it's not obvious, I much prefer that those three little
> > buttons be visible all the time.  They take up very little
> > space.
>
> They also serve no purpose. You move the pointer to the corner
> of the screen and they are visible. You don't need to have
> pictures on the screen to tell you where the corner is.

> > If people feel so strongly about this on both sides, doesn't it
> > just beg for a configuration setting?

> No, I don't think so. Making the buttons visible serves no
> purpose.

Well, you really are giving "just" your opinion.

Need?  No, of course not.

But I sure do want them.  For me, that's the purpose they serve.  I
want them.  Having them fills that purpose.

Also, why are people so OK with this 2 step process of moving to
the corner and then seeing them?  To me it is absurd.  Muscle
memory?  OK, but not everyone has the same experience when it comes
to that.

Clearly, I am not the only one that wants these buttons or I
wouldn't have stumbled on the argument for them.

I am really confused by how often people just can't understand that
people use computers in various ways.