Re: [Ayatana] Thunderbird needs tighter panel integration

Hi,

On 4 September 2011 18:12, Kévin PEIGNOT <winniemiel05@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I totally agree. But this have been discussed times ago (with evolution) and
> it seems not every one want this.
>
> 2011/9/3 Carl Ansell <afccarl1994@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> At present, the only use for the mail icon in the panel is to set up
>> thunderbird (for email anyway). Once an account has been set up, it would be
>> useful for thunderbird to check emails in the background, and turn blue when
>> new emails are available. This would mean the user does not need to keep
>> thunderbird open to check emails and justify the use of a mail icon in the
>> panel.

it's a nice idea, we could have an option for that. Probably other
user will prefer to have a Unity-launcher icon that does it, but it's
better to have both and let the user decide which one to enable. What
do you think about?

--
Andrea Grandi - Nokia Qt Ambassador
website: http://www.andreagrandi.it