Re: [Ayatana] Thunderbird needs tighter panel integration

On 04/09/11 17:39, a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

On 4 September 2011 18:12, Kévin PEIGNOT<winniemiel05@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I totally agree. But this have been discussed times ago (with evolution) and
it seems not every one want this.

2011/9/3 Carl Ansell<afccarl1994@xxxxxxxxxxx>
At present, the only use for the mail icon in the panel is to set up
thunderbird (for email anyway). Once an account has been set up, it would be
useful for thunderbird to check emails in the background, and turn blue when
new emails are available. This would mean the user does not need to keep
thunderbird open to check emails and justify the use of a mail icon in the
panel.
it's a nice idea, we could have an option for that. Probably other
user will prefer to have a Unity-launcher icon that does it, but it's
better to have both and let the user decide which one to enable. What
do you think about?

Exactly. Personally, I would want to use the messaging menu, as I feel this is what it is designed for, and would allow me to save space on the launcher for something else. However, I know others would prefer keeping it in the launcher.