Re: [Ayatana] Thunderbird needs tighter panel integration

Thanks, I found a bug report on this and the bug has since been fixed. It now also notifies me of new messages and turns the envelope blue. However, I still need to have Thunderbird open for this to work, which makes it a bit pointless as the Unity launcher has the counter to also alert me of new messages.

This is why I propose that Thunderbird should be allowed to run as a background process to check for messages, so that the Thunderbird window does not need to be constantly open.