Re: [Ayatana] Lots of mockups, but what is the problem you're trying to solve?

what if the button was just a temporary swap and there was another one to swap their customization back to their previous settings?
even if there wasn't a second button i'd be ok with it since i know how to swap my stuff back and i'm not going to bother calling tech support unless something is horribly wrong and i've exhausted my other options. at which point i'd be happy to revert my customizations back to the default for the time being in order to help make communication easier.

the button idea was an attempt to have a way to make customization available while still having options available to make it easy for you to help people who call for support.
simply saying no to an attempt like that because "oh that'd be annoying if i had to do that every time i called" is short sighted especially when it seems that unity is going to get more customization options in the future.
his suggestion attempts to put an end to a problem where as your solution is to not have customization.

--
Josh Strawbridge