Re: time step with viscous damping

25.02.2011 15:23, Jerome Duriez пишет:

Le 25/02/2011 11:20, Sergei D. a écrit :
So, viscoelastic loading force more then elastic force for given overlap. So, need smaller time step for stability. No?

I would say (contrary to this) that critical time step is rather a matter of stifnesses than a matter of forces ? No ? And why consider only "loading" (when you speak about viscoelastic loading) ?

Jerome

But force is a function of stiffness. No? If more stiffness then more force for given overlap. If more time step then more overlap for given velocity. So, more time step for given stiffness and velocity, the more force. So, for stability you need smaller time step for more stiffness. is it ok?

I consider only a loading because a unloading is less the loading, so if loading is stable (not overestimate) then unloading is stable also.

--
Best regards,
Sergei D.