Re: farewell

out of curiosity - did my today's commit trigger your farewell email?
I assure you that in no way.
Michal Nitka, you may remember him from Grenoble, is preparing to use
yade with FEM. Though we both currently have no idea how to sanely
introduce FEM into current framework. Also, I have no idea how to
sanely re-introduce my lattice model, would I even want to do that.
Any hints?
That depends on what you mean by "current framework"; /lib poses almost no model-related constraints, while /core is limiting. Changing /core can break lots of code on the top (pkg/ and py/), thus breaking scripts etc; avoiding quarrels about such changes was one of reasons I go independent. The "particle" and "interaction" abstractions are not sufficient (which of them is a lattice beam? what is an element? a mesh?), for instance, but how to change that? No precise ideas.

Cheers, Vaclav